An initial Highway Safety plan has been submitted to Hart District Council for changes to the existing pedestrian crossing arrangements of Hawley Road.
The plan includes:
- Up-rating of the existing “children crossing” road signs with high visibility backboards
- Slow road markings at the position of the “children crossing” road signs
- Drop kerbs introduced to Hawley Road to enable disabled and pushchair crossing
If agreed, the proposal will then be moved to detail construction drawings for submission to:
- Hampshire County Council Highways for approval of work as owner of the highway
- Submission to approved highways contractors for detail project costings to confirm if the scope of works can be undertaken within the project funding