External Elevations

The elevations take design keys from the identified surrounding.architectural influences:

  • General form from the Hawley Memorial Hall, with significant features of barn style outline, low eaves and large glass areas to the major elevations to secure internal light.
  • Plain tile roof from the main building of Henry Randall Almshouses, Hawley Memorial Hall, Green Drive Lodge. The material selection matches the adjacent Hollybush House
  • Cladding is in larch planking on low brick plinth and take the opportunity of materiel variation whilst ensuring a continuity. The material selection reflects a building intended for “utility” use outside of the urban settlement and slowly mellows it’s appearance over time.

Front Elevation

1700-R03A - Front Elevevation Coloured 31-08-2017
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

End Elevation

1700-R03A - End Elevevation Play Coloured 31-08-2017

This elevation faces the end of the site and is the elevation visible when travelling down Hawley Road. The overall visual impact of the elevation is significantly reduced by the use of hips to the roof structure and glass areas which also provide “all year round” visual stimulation to the children. The side window to the office area provides visual observation of the car park and site entrances.

This elevation is immediately adjacent to the play area, so a large glass door is provided whose opening can be configured according to the outside weather. to provide “free flow” access for the children. 

Rear Elevation

1700-R03A - Rear Elevevation Coloured 31-08-2017
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Side Elevation

1700-R03A - Side Elevevation Stairs Coloured 31-08-2017

This elevation is adjacent to Hollybush House and accommodates the stairs and disabled lift and toilet facilities. The roof is hipped to ensure that a clear visual gap is maintained to Hollybush House to preserve clear separation of the different buildings